Back to Blog Roll

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Even Retrogrades Happen For You!



Welcome back readers!  I hope you’ve been out enjoying the last bits of your summer, especially my PA readers.  I like pumpkin spice just as much as the next, but since my last piece to you I hope we’ve all been very busy spending our time in the sun, with our family and friends, and squeezing the last drop out of August!

But all things come to an end, and here we are in September.  This should be an interesting September, certainly my cosmically inclined readers already are well aware that once again, Mercury is in retrograde!  What this means to my less than space cadets, is that there are a few times a year that Mercury, astrologically ruler of communication, contracts and codes, appears to be traveling backwards in orbit.  So, during this time it’s been reported from countless people that things feel very off, communication breaks down, machines go haywire, and things just generally feel confusing, even frustrating.

The first day of the retrograde I worked at Big Science and I Am Yoga.  My coworkers at BigSci seemed to be struggling to fix some sort of monitor.  I poked at Jay a little and said, “Well, today’s the first day of retrograde!” Insinuating that his busted TV was a little cosmic practical joke.  He said to me, “Well, if you all didn’t believe these things would happen they wouldn’t!”  Later that day when I went to I Am Yoga to teach my classes, all the power was out at the studio from 3:30PM until I left around 8.  I again chuckled at the coincidence and greeted my students.  Several testified that today was just such a goofy day. 


Whether or not it’s simply coincidence, the power of thousands of beliefs around the world, or the change in the atmosphere, not all days seem like they happen for us.  Quite the opposite, some days feel like they happen against us! 
Lisa Frank your classic, colorful wisdom has been spot on since 1979!
Being a lunar moon child (I'm a Cancer and I love my sign!) and as noted in previous blogs, I always am sure to take note of when the moon is full.  I also try to make myself aware of retrogrades, eclipses, and special occurrences in the universe.  Do I believe I'm going to have a difficult month in September?  No, no more difficult than any other month.  But what I will do is be sure that I take a little extra time to really take care of myself.  My talented and beautiful friend Kat sent me a link to an astrologer who gave those born under Cancer some advice.  She said during this retrograde, Cancer needs to work on positive self-talk, self perception and taking our power back.  Pretty good advice whether it be a retrograde in September or Christmas in December!  So I'm going to take it.  Why not take a look at the decisions we are making, who we are making them for?  Why not re-evaluate our relationships, our goals, and where we are and what we're doing and ask, is this really working for me?

It was something good that I needed to hear from Kat's astrologer, to question my self perception.  Yes, I am somewhat of a physical, mental and spiritual leader being a yoga instructor, but in the world we live in it's all to easy to fall astray.  (And the further I fall from my own path of spiritual, physical and mental happiness, the more intimidating that responsibility feels.)  How much time do I spend looking in the mirror at my body rather than my true self?  How much time have I dedicated to my spirituality?  What do I think my body is for?  Our bodies are the temple in which our minds and spirits live.  Have I been treating it like a temple, or a frat house?  Am I happy with how magnificent it is, or am I constantly looking to re-model?  Financially, physically, and emotionally in every way we are challenged everyday.  If we are willing to offer our self-esteem, our power to someone else, they'll take it.

So, this retrograde, this September, whatever you want to call it, is happening for you.  It's happening for us.  Whether you believe in the cosmic pull of Mercury, or see it as just a little dumb luck, see the challenges in your life as opportunities, rather than seeing excuses or useless events.  But we can't expect it to be given to us for nothing.  This retrograde or September, whatever you want to call this time in your life, deserves a closer look.  It deserves some spiritual dedication, some emotional acceptance, and some physical nurturing.  So give yourself that.  And if I give myself that, chances are I'll deliver a better blog for you all to read next month.  And if you give yourself that, chances are you'll create some balanced energy that will be such a relief even during this backward time.  Back to school, Mercury in retrograde, a changing season...it's all an opportunity to be the truest version of you.  Let's take advantage of that.


The full moon this month is September 16th!  Check out this awesome flow with Doug Hayward and I, the Moon Salutation! 



So perfect that this September's full moon is during one of my favorite events of the year, Millvale Days!  Come check out my new studio space, Yoga 22, all the amazing business, musicians and people who come out to celebrate, and some fire spinning action with ViolaLee on Thursday the 15th.  I'll be dancing fire at the Car show at Salon 22, then down at Cousin's Lounge!!
Are you a local and want to take classes at Yoga 22?  We have spots available on Tuesday nights starting September 27th!  
Finally, be sure to check out Rock and Roll Yoga Retreat coming your way in October of 2017!  We'll definitely be doing Moon Salutations, Bikram Yoga, and having an amazing time!  Only 7 spots are left so don't hesitate! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

© 2016 TheTerribleYogi.com
All rights reserved