Back to Blog Roll

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Let It Go. (Let IT GOOOO!!!)


Let It Go.  (Let IT GOOOO!)

Ever have a day (or two) where you just feel like…you lose?  Of course you do, you’re a fellow human being.  But it’s so much worse when I do it.  You know why?  Because I’m my own worst critic and still I struggle to tell the difference between wanting to do better and wanting to beat myself up about something.  It could always be better…

I try to be a jedi most of the time, but today I was just feeling the dark side.  And I was choosing it.  I’m still salty and wounded from last night.  And over the weekend.  It’s the big game I’m fumbling the ball out there!  And I don’t feel like playing anymore.  I feel like someone owes me for something and I’m going to be pissed off until I get it.  I feel like no one around me knows common sense or manors because I’m all offended over here and the audience in my head is booing me off the field.

Well, now I have a very unfortunate mantra stuck in my head.  Have you ever seen the movie Frozen?  Today's mantra is “let it go.”  (Let it GOO!)  You hear that in your head now too?  I’ve never even seen the movie, actually.  My old friend and guru Marnie showed me the clip and you’d have to be living deep under a great big rock not to have seen or heard this movie and its hit song, 

“Let it go.”

So the only line to the song I know it “Let it go…Let it goo!” and that line to that tune just repeats itself throughout my day.  And then it repeats again, because it proves itself necessary, nipping my egotistical cries for attention over and over.  Negative thought arises, creeping up from the black pit in my head and says “EEEKkkk Jenny! Life’s not fair and I want somethiiinngg” (in a creepy tales from the crypt voice) but then!  The Disney princess!  She sings, “Let it go…let it GOO!”
And I think, hm.  You’re right, Disney princess.  You’re right.  I’m going to let it go.  But I think you’re annoying, too!

Aw, poor Disney princess.  Poor Jenny.  Now there’s a little smile on my face.  Now I’m feeling better.  

Whatever it is that I’m looking for today, on one of those days where I just feel like I’m losing, or worse, I already lost, I remember this Disney princess I barely know anything about that makes me laugh, because she’s annoying….

…and letting go can be too.  In yoga we want to fidget.  We want to anticipate, rush, or quit.  But in the scheme of things it’s pretty easy to let go of those physical postures.  Your body is usually ready to have its’ savasana.  It’s your mind that gets in your way.

It’s the same mind that tells you to fix your mat 10 times in class or roll around in savasna for two minutes that tells you you’re in control of the Universe.  That’s the mind that wants an apology or a pat on the back.  That’s the mind that wants to be right instead of being happy!

Today I’m going to repeat my Disney Princess mantra as many times plus one the negative thoughts I have for the rest of the day.  Even if I AM right, even if they DO “owe me something”…



I’m just going to let it go.


http://vovinprgel.deviantart.com/art/Elsa-Frozen-480918870
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Master-Yoda-155689422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF8B3jpNBok


No comments :

Post a Comment

© 2016 TheTerribleYogi.com
All rights reserved